Thursday, July 12, 2007

US

I just like this picture :)
By they way, things are much more hopeful today although not a lot has actually changed. Somebody last night told us, "Don't let all these frustrations get in the way of the hope you have for the future (aka. Berkeley.)" Since then I've been thinking of how we can protect our hope despite what happens or what frustrations we face. And it always helps to evaluate what I am actually putting my hope in... Things working out a certain way? Who I am? Those things can change way too easily. I need something more consistent, for one thing.
It reminded me of the movie Spanglish. Kevin and I loved that movie because we thought it captured something very profound about humanity. I'm still not sure I understand it... but I remembered the part at the end... the very last line (so if you haven't seen it yet, STOP reading, b/c I'm about to unveil it)... this girl is writing her essay to get into Harvard and she says something about her identity being found in the fact that she is her mother's daughter. It sounds so simple... but seriously, if Harvard was your dream and you failed to get in, you might feel, well, horrible. You might feel like you failed. But if your dream was set in the reality that who you are didn't change... that would be complete freedom. To pursue any dream. That's the hope that I need. That's the hope that (I hope to) find in Him.

No comments: