Thursday, July 19, 2007

Two more days...

Til my birthday! I'm excited. My office just threw me a surprise party… a “good-bye” and “happy birthday” combo. My last day at work is tomorrow. Then I am officially unemployed for an indefinite amount of time. I am looking forward to a break from the routines of my current schedule. I was never one to enjoy routines too much. I think that’s something I should celebrate more instead of try to “grow” out of. Of course, my father and his generation would entirely disagree. To them, it was about doing what needed to be done, not about doing what you wanted. How time has changed. I think we should embrace the change before the next change occurs.

I always thought somebody should write about that more… generational differences in the workplace. It’s something that always gets pushed to the side because its significance is relatively underestimated. It would sure help us ambitious post-grads understand the world of those that currently control all the wealth and offices.

To change the subject, I cut my hair for the first time yesterday. Big mistake. My bangs were getting a little too long so I thought I’d trim them up just a bit. As soon as I got home from work, I grabbed the scissors and walked straight into the bathroom. It only took one second and I knew. Whoops. Too late. They are too dang short. And I didn’t know you weren’t supposed to cut straight across. So please excuse my dorky bangs for a few days as they grow. It sure made us laugh though. And now I know… so next time I try to cut my bangs they at least won’t make a straight line across my forehead.

Bay area update: We’ll be in Berkeley this Sunday and part of Monday. Our last Sunday there until we move August 1st. Everything with the house seems to be working out well. Last week we worked out the lease issues so now our only delay is from the contractor. As soon as he finishes all the repairs (b/c the house has been vacant for 4 years) we’ll feel even better about it. As far as the LA side of things is going: we are having car issues again. It won’t start. It’s in the shop right now getting some repairs and we are hoping it finally gets fixed. At least enough to drive to SF and then sell. We are so ready to get rid of that thing.

Until later,

No comments: