Monday, September 25, 2006

cavity

I went to the dentist for the first time in almost two years this weekend. And I remembered why its been two years since my last visit. I've had several oral surgeries on my mouth since the time I was 13 and I have to admit... I am just sick and tired of doctors poking around in my mouth. It's a "lose lose" situation you see... b/c no matter how much you do to your teeth to make them "right" something will always go wrong in the future. They age, they weaken, they hurt. I just want one fix up and I'm done. No more of these check ups every six months.

So I have a cavity. The first cavity in my entire life that will require a shot to numb it before they can fix it. I'm scared to death... of the needle. Drilling, no problem, but a needle- we need to talk. I have no pain tolerance when it comes to those things. Kick me in the face with a soccer ball and I'm alright... stick a needle in me and I might faint.

I think the reason I am so dramatic about this is because I am so anal about my teeth- ask Kevin. I brush for mintues at a time, floss every day, try to avoid stuff thats "bad" for them. And I STILL got a cavity. Are you sure cavities aren't genetic? Next Saturday morning will be no fun. Keep me in your thoughts as I endure this endless pain :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We'll be praying for you. Brandon and I are going to the dentist today...wish us luck.