Monday, January 09, 2006

The weekend

Here I am at work, trying to stay somewhat focused... I just finished putting together a large presentation of the interior of a private middle school in Beverly Hills. The project is currently projected to cost over 50 million dollars and to increase rapidly over the next few years. Craziness. What lucky middle school kids. Do they know the carpet that they might walk on could cost around $30 a yard? Its hard for me to see the bigger picture, although it is fun to think about helping middle school kids.

I could not for the life of me sleep last night. At 3:30am I finally got up and decided to try to read a book on money management, thinking that would help me fall asleep. But sure didn't. My mind stayed wide awake, although bored. So here I am after two hours of sleep. I feel quite alright actually, my body kicks back onto its backup system pretty easily... I guess it hasn't forgotten those college days after all.

So the interesting story of the weekend is this: Kevin and I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain in LA on Saturday. They are famous for their rollar coasters... sixteen in all I think. I got to ride three. Three... and then I was done. Maybe forever. The last rollar coaster I rode was called the Goliath...
Towering 255-feet above earth, the massive steel superstructure has one of the world's tallest drops and at speeds of 85 miles-per-hour, it is one of the fastest roller coasters of modern day. Combining traditional coaster thrills with a few new devilish twists, GOLIATH sends riders on a 3-minute "non-stop" high speed adventure over 4,500 feet of steel track with daring "butterflies-in-your-stomach" plunges, huge sweeping spirals, zero-gravity "floating" hills and drops, and the 120-foot-long tunnel shrouded in total darkness for the thrill of a lifetime!

Well after that huge drop and the tunnel we broke into a series of intense spirals... during which I blacked out for a few seconds. The G forces were so strong my mind wigged out. It was seriously scary... I didn't know whether to start crying or laughing... b/c it was an awesome ride yet I could have nearly died. Anyways, thats it... I think I'll retire from them for awhile.

1 comment:

jill m said...

i have this funny image of you, eyes squinted tight, digging your fingers into kevin's arm. your mouth is wide open yelling your high pitch scream and your hair straight up in the air! ha! near death experiences keep you alive, right? :)