Friday, March 04, 2011

Design Research: Do you have chronic pain?

In an attempt to recruit people with chronic pain for my research, I created this sign and posted it at pain clinics throughout the East Bay and San Francisco.


Thank you to all those who responded and participated! Your stories helped me understand how people experience chronic pain and how this affects your everyday life.

In order to understand what your experience is in a visual way, we completed the following exercises:






Again, thank you to all who participated!

My research is ongoing, so if you or any one you know are still interested in sharing your story and experiences with me through the above exercises, please let me know!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have had RSD for coming on 29 years and will be more than willing to complete your survey if sent to me in a manner that it would work. Many thanks. Julian Phillips

Joanna said...

I am more than willing to complete your survey. I'm a chronic daily headache sufferer -- 7+ years now.

niKnox said...

Hi Julian and Joanna,

My email address is niknox@gmail.com Please email me your contact information so that we can talk more. Thank you for your interest in my project!

CRPS News said...

Most people don't understand much about CRPS. Your research will certainly help them gain some insight into what patients with CRPS are going through and the depth of pain involved, and that it's not just "all in the head".
complex regional pain syndrome