Thursday, July 06, 2006

4th of July

Sometimes it really is like a dream (living in LA). For the 4th of July, Mosaic hosted an all day picnic... so Kevin, Josh and I went and played soccer the entire time. They had 5 v 5 games set up every 10 minutes so you'd do 10 minutes on the field, 10 minutes off. We played for FOUR hours. It was the perfect 4th of July; I couldn't have wished for anything better.

The reasons this is so cool: 1- soccer is a world sport and is just cool 2-Kevin played. his first time ever. he worked hard and blew me away with how well he picked up the game. he is finally not too cool to play soccer. 3-we meet a ton of new people, although all guys b/c for most of the day I was the only woman that played... I showed up to the picnic in work out clothes while most of the other girls were, of course, all fashioned up. This is LA afterall. For the first five minutes I was even a little embarrassed until I forgot about it. 4-Josh played soccer the whole time too and was great... he came close to scoring a few times (as did Kevin). 5- I took two left shots that shocked all the men there. 6- Erwin McManus played as well and I made sure I let him know hes just another guy on the field (just kidding).

After that we were too exhausted to do much else except sluggishly move around the apartment. We ended up finding a fireworks show down the street from where we live (at CBS studios) so we walked less than a mile, watched some fireworks, and walked home. For the first time in LA, we had absolutely no need for a car to do something fun.

Now Josh is in San Diego with Mosaic's high school youth group for a few days. I hope he has fun- they are going to ride go-carts, surf, watch the new Pirates of the Caribbean on opening night, and maybe rent a boat to go tubing. I am going to see some musical play called Tick Tick Boom tonight with an ex-co-worker and then tomorrow night I get to see an old friend from Colorado! We are busy these days, as always. Its been fun to have Josh in town, although I find I worry about him way too much- what will he eat, what can we do, etc. Kevin's been amazing... spending almost every moment with my brother. I hope they don't get too tired of each other before the five weeks is over!

No comments: