Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Sex in the City

I love this show! Its one of those shows I intially avoided because... you know... I felt for some reason I just shouldn't watch it. But one night, Kevin was gone, I was all alone, I had nothing else to do... and lets be honest- the previews were interesting... so I watched it. I'm hooked. I love the show because of the commentary... Carrie Bradshaw has some of the most profound thoughts... I love it. Real issues, real people (okay, so its a TV show... but still).

Last nights show was so interesting to me, during commerical I ran to grab my journal to write some things down. Carrie said something along the lines of, "why are we so busy should-ing outselves?" As women, we put such immense pressure on ourselves for what we think we should be/do instead of what we could be/do. I totally relate!

Heres a quiz I took... Which Sex in the City girl are you like?? I scored the highest for Miranda! Yeah! Last night she and her family were house/apt shopping and Brooklyn and she just didn't like that area b/c of her ideas of it... and all of a sudden she exclaims "oh my God, I'm married." I don't know how many times I've had to remind myself of that... too independent and strong-willed sometimes!

Here's what the quiz said:
You scored 40% MirandaYou chose many of the same answers that Earth Sign-like Miranda, the cynical but pragmatic lawyer, might have chosen. Just like Miranda's had a tough time deciding whether to give in to the affections of Steve the Bartender, you don't give your heart up to just anyone. Miranda shies away from a relationship with Steve because he's 'just' a bartender, not something more conventionally ambitious or stable. Those with powerful Earth Sign qualities -- characteristics associated with Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn -- are cautious in love and seek stability and status over nearly anything else. Earth Signs provide a steady, realistic attitude and they can bring order out of chaos. A little-known Earth Sign fact: Incredibly sensual, you seethe beneath that smart, expensive business suit of yours, yearning for intimacy but hesitant to give up your material needs, your career ambitions or your responsibilities for a passionate moment that might not turn out the way you'd hope.

To take the quiz go to: http://quiz.ivillage.com/astrology/tests/sexandthecity.htm

1 comment:

Marie said...

I've seen every episode. I have tried to explain to people that it really is a good show; that it does have some immensely touching moments between the girls and in their relationships. Yes the sex stuff is wayyyy out there. I do like that it's edited on TBS. :) Just wait till you see the last episode with Miranda and her mother in law. It's definitely a tear jerker!!