Saturday, February 28, 2009

Drank the kool-aid

After being "tagged" by more people than I can count, I've finally caved to peer pressure - I'm drinking the kool-aid and jumping into the pool.

Some random things about me:

1. I prefer to wear pumas and graphic tees over high heels and dress shirts.
2. I ride my bike to work most days and I LOVE it.
3. I am my own best friend. I have endless conversations in my mind, try out questions and test ideas - all internally. I prefer to try to figure things out in my own mind before sharing them with others. The only problem is I rarely figure things out, therefore, I find I don't share much.
4. I like to be asked questions. Simply sharing information unprovoked is hard for me to do unless I know you really really well.
5. I like to ask a lot of questions. Sometimes I do this to avoid the conversation from focusing on me. Most of the time I do this because I am just genuinely curious.
6. I hate routines. Repetition bores me. It drains the life out of me. I thrive on change and new challenges. For example, I don't like to make anything twice. Once is enough - even if it wasn't perfect. There are some exceptions of course, but in general, I enjoy change.
7. I don't mind repetition if I REALLY REALLY like something. Examples include chocolate and ice cream. I could eat those everyday - no problem.
8. I am not naturally obedient. Rules tend to bother me.
9. I LOVE to save money for the sake of the internal competition.
10. I wish I had a supernatural power.
11. I am direct. Mostly due to the fact that...
12. I am a terrible actress. It will be painfully obvious if I am lying.
13. I hate shopping, especially for clothes. It makes me feel anxious.
14. I love to give people good gifts. I think TOO much about each gift I give. And I can't just give you anything - so I tend to miss some birthdays and stuff b/c I ran out of time to think and can't pull something together quickly.
15. I dream of living in a prefab house by Michelle Kaufman or in something like the B-Line Small by Hive Modular
16. I take myself way too seriously sometimes.
17. I love God and I love Jesus but I find Christianity stifling.
18. I wish I had a tattoo. I can't narrow down a design though and I have a really low pain threshold.
19. I find meaning in my work. I have a hard time working if this is missing.
20. Kevin makes me a better person - he makes me laugh, relax, breathe, trust.
21. I don't really care about interior design. I just don't find it all that interesting and know I could do without.
22. I play soccer... still. I've played since I was 8 years old.
23. I was made for Berkeley. I LOVE the authenticity.
24. I wish I could eat dessert. (Kevin persuaded me to join him in fasting for Lent - though we don't really practice Lent)
25. Tessa inspired me to actually do this.

1 comment:

tessarh said...

love reading this. i think we are more similar than i realized. would like to live closer to you!