Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Closing


This economic recession thing hit much closer to home this week with the closing of my all time favorite store in Berkeley – the Elephant Pharmacy.

I was shocked and saddened to hear the news, as were so many others. I would go to the Elephant just for fun – to wander through the isles and see what was new – to sit in the corner and glance through their books… Elephant was always full of mystery and surprise – I found everything there including handmade Christmas ornaments, stainless steel water bottles (which I gave to SEVERAL people in the last year), sprouting granola, organic food based facial cleansers, barley teething sticks, recycled toilet paper, partially digested vitamins, rows and rows of tea leaves, natural deodorants, circular body soaps, fair trade bracelets, yoga videos… I heard they even gave dream consultations there!

Ahhhh… I am SOO disappointed!

Lucky for me – there is another all natural, organic pharmacy a few blocks from my house in Albany called Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy - I will have to learn how to love it.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Darn.

I was out of partially digested vitamins and barley teething sticks and was going to have you pick some up for me. ;)

In all honesty I am sorry. I hate it when my favorite places close. It's really sad.