Thursday, January 11, 2007

NO WAY

No way! That's all I could say when I read the LA times this morning and saw Beckham on the front page.

"David Beckham, perhaps the world's most widely recognized soccer player after Pele and Diego Maradona, Thursday signed a five-year, $250-million contract to play for the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer."

"The former Manchester United star and former England national team captain will complete his contract with Real Madrid on June 30 and will join the Galaxy in August, about halfway through the MLS season, which begins April 6."

"The league is gambling that he can turn soccer into a mainstream sport in the U.S."

I am still in shock... and I think I'll start looking for a Galaxy ticket now. I HAVE to see him play. You can't be a soccer player and have Beckham in town and NOT see him play! AHHHHHH!

1 comment:

annaelyse said...

i hope you get to see him play. i read an article yesterday and was WAY excited!