Thursday, January 18, 2007

cover letters

Sometimes I surprise myself and actually write something good and original in the most random of places... in a cover letter. Lately I've been writing them like crazy, and usually I just copy and paste and edit a word or two here and there... but this one surprised me. It is for an industrial design job. The posting was in November so I doubt the position is still open but I thought I might as well try.

"I recently found a job posting on Coroflot for -----, however, it was posted in November and I am curious to know if the position has already been filled. I am a designer with a diverse background in architecture, interiors, furniture and product design. My portfolio contains many product designs... one of which was nominated for entry into a competition by a professor. Over the last year or so, I have been working as an interior designer with an architecture firm. It has helped me gain a deeper understanding of space and the power products have to change and transform it. Architecture is, to some extent, a masterpiece of individual products in an intimate relationship with one another. I am eager to continue my growth as a designer with a company such as yours that is leading this city with it's innovation and creativity."

I just thought to myself- that's pretty good for being off the top of my head. Maybe I should consider this product design thing a little more :)

1 comment:

NA said...

Great cover letter! I am a product designer myself, and that's how I found your blog!