Thursday, May 21, 2009

Accepted



It's official - I am going to grad school. You can click on the above logo for more information about the school and program but to summarize: I will be in a two year program to get a masters of fine arts in design (with a focus on industrial design). At the end of August I will transform into a design student once more in hopes of launching into the field of consumer products. I was so excited to get accepted. I heard only 15 of 2oo+ applicants get in and I was flattered to be one of them. Post acceptance, however, has been a different story. I've had a few anxiety/panic attacks thinking about all the financial aid we just accepted and wading through my self-doubt and insecurity. Thankfully Kevin has been unwavering in his confidence of me and this direction. It is a ginormous risk - to move from merely dreaming about being a product designer to actually attempting to become one. Let's just say I've left plenty of space for miracles to happen :)

Back in March Kevin and I were walking through the Denver International Airport and I was in awe of the ceiling and design. I love it! I also love that in a few months it is quite likely I will never have to design interiors again - no more carpet, paint colors, tile patterns, space flow diagrams... I can't wait. Finally my appreciation for architecture will be set free to be just that - appreciation.

2 comments:

kevin knox said...

im so proud of you, babe!!

-kv

J and E said...

That is so exciting! I have no doubt that you will thrive in this academic setting once more. Congratualations again...

em