Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Creativity and Artichokes

I most enjoy cooking when I get to try something unknown and challenging, otherwise it's just a chore and a duty to me and I tend to avoid it. I have also found that I enjoy experimenting the most when there's a crowd involved - a dinner party of some sort... it makes it more of a challenge or something I suppose. It doesn't bother me too much when an experiment fails - I am thankful I tried at all, however, KV might have a different perspective :)

So last week we had some co-workers over and I heard artichokes were in season. Thankfully this one turned out - though the prep was tedious & my fingers hurt from the sharp points on the leaves.


2 comments:

lgraves said...

those look delicious ... can i have the recipe?

californiameaghan said...

they are very pretty. i have been trying one new recipe each week. i think living with you rubbed off. i certainly never ate lamb before we cooked it in your apt!