Friday, September 07, 2007

The Yes Men... Is this really legal?

Since things are starting to "settle down" a little more... I've spent more time working on finding a new job. I've sent out a few resumes and portfolios, but so far, no openings or interest shown yet. I am looking for work in the East Bay so that I don't have to commute. I am not sure what I will find. This is taking longer than I expected but I guess I'm not too upset about the time off (yet). We'll see how long we can financially handle this "break". I've actually been working full time since the moment we got here... just for free. :) For Mosaic.

This weekend we have our first "branding" event (aka. getting our name out so people become familiar with Mosaic). We will have a booth set up at something called Solano Stroll. Solano is a popular street less than a block from our house. It has numerous restaurants and shops along it. Solano Stroll happens once a year and attracts up to a quarter of a million people. Can you believe that? It sounds unreal to me, so we'll see what happens. Anyways, we are setting up a booth and handing out free $5 BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) cards with the Mosaic logo and website on them. We just want the community to know we exist and that we care by giving them a free gift (no strings or expectations attached.) The theme for Solano Stroll is "Going Green - It's Easy" so along with our BART gift, I've made a handout of my top ten green tips. I hope it is well received and that if anything, people know we are here, that we care about humanity, and them. I'll let you know how it goes.

On another note, I was reading the Corporate Watchdog Radio blog as I was job searching today and came across a post about The Yes Men. They are men who impersonate corporations at conferences, TV shows, interviews, etc. in order to embarrass corporations. So basically they "pretend" to be representatives of large companies like McDonald's or Exxon Mobile and go to conferences and tell people outrageous things to make the companies look bad. They made a movie about it in 2003, called The Yes Men. I can't believe how successful they've been. Crazy!

No comments: