Saturday, June 17, 2006

Rats live in...

Palm trees. I had no idea until one of the architects in my office put me in charge of supervising landscaping for this new homeless transitional housing project I am working on… and he said “make sure there are no palm trees, because they attract rats”. Craziness. I guess they make nests in the dead leaves that drape over the top part of the trunk, unless the trees are routinely groomed.

To the women of Kansas… I found an actual person named DWIGHT. Believe it or not, Dwight Yorke plays for the Trinidad and Tobago world cup soccer team. Somebody else out there beat me to it. (Naming my kid “Dwite” or “Dwight”) (Yes it was just a joke)

Lastly, I have finally scheduled my LEED exam for next Saturday, June 24th. I almost didn’t want to tell anybody in case I didn’t pass it, but oh well. (And because I’ve been talking about it FOREVER.) I’ve been trying to study… so much information about things like energy efficiency and which chillers are better than others… to how to use window placement to maximize natural ventilation. And I’m not really sure what a chiller even is either. (But at least I know what makes one more efficient.)

Kevin is out of town for almost a week in Kansas, visiting friends and family. He is really excited to reconnect and continue developing his vision, our vision, for the future.
That means I’ll be home alone for a little while. It gets a little boring at night, and I have a really hard time falling asleep… but it is definitely helping me study (and watch as many world cup games as I can.)

Go Ghana!! (That’s my underdog team to win the world cup this year.)

No comments: